May 18, 2012

Flour Sack Towel Embroidery #2
























I took a little inspiration from the book Doodle Stitching and came up with this design for my second embroidery attempt. I'm happy with how it turned out! I have yet to try satin stitches although I did try a "lazy daisy" and the results were less than attractive (notice that I am not showing you a picture of said "daisy").

Weekend Plans:
Crochet on the new blanket, finish reading Cutting for Stone (excellent so far, BTW), paint trim in kitchen, plant remaining herbs in garden, take some items to Goodwill, and tonight – dinner at El Cazador downtown and watch "The Descendants" with Gary.

Happy weekend to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Karin Clark-CassensMay 19, 2012 at 9:45 AM

    Jenny, that towel is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really great and I just love flour sack towels. They seem to absorb better and clean better as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juliet. I love flour sack towels too. They're so practical and utilitarian, aren't they?! Super absorbent, plus you can bleach them if they get badly stained.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!