September 18, 2012
Audrey and Yorkies
Izzy watching for birds.
Since this blog is partly named after Audrey Hepburn I thought I should tell you that Audrey had a yorkie. His name was Mr. Famous.
I didn't know that when I got Izzy, but I like the happy coincidence and I LOVE my yorkie. Owning a yorkie is a lot like owning an overly happy cat that loves to snuggle and doesn't shed. Plus, my yorkie thinks she's really a big dog so she likes to protect our yard from deer and wrestle with our labrador and elkhound.
Some other things Izzy does that make me love her even more every day:
1. Curls up in a TEENY ball when she sleeps and tuck her head like a duck
2. Acts SUPER excited to see us when we come in the door, even if we were only gone a minute to get the mail
3. When she's sleepy her eyes start getting squinty and she will nod off like a person does when they are in a boring college lecture
4. Follows me all around the house the entire day
5. When you're petting her tummy and then you stop she reaches up and pats you to urge you to keep going
6. When you laugh really hard or sniff she comes running and licks your face to make sure you're okay
7. When she's sleepy and you pick her up she makes tiny BABY noises
8. She is CrAzY about dog toys in a way I've never witnessed with another dog. She has her own toy basket and she pulls them out and plays with them or brings them to us so we'll play with her. At night I go around and pick up all her toys, just like I used to do when the kids were toddlers.
9. Her right back leg kicks out the side when she runs really fast
10. She loves to go on car rides and is a very good traveler
11. She lays in sunny spots on the floor and loves to sit on the porch swing with me
12. She will wear little clothes without complaint, although we don't make her do that very often
*sigh* So glad I have Izzy.