November 1, 2012

Two Little Bees & A Teen








Thank you for enduring my Halloween rant on Monday. 

Now that it's all said and done I can honestly say things went festively well. Also, I have a confession: 

I want you all to know that I am now one of those people who puts their pet in a costume. I truly never thought I would be a pet-costume person, but if there's one thing I've become progressively more sure of it's that you should "never say never" because life is always a wild ride. That said, last year I thought pet costumes were silly. And this year I CROCHETED A PET COSTUME for my yorkie. Oh my. 

But she was so stinkin' cute in it. Then Kate decided to join in the fun and be a bee too. It was a regular swarm around here. Emma decided this was the year to call it quits. She still wanted a photo though, so we took one of her, dressed as herself (note the cell phone, which I think is permanently adhesed to her hand). 

How were things in your neck of the woods? Spooky? Chocolatey? Were there any costume-clad animals?

10 comments:

  1. The bees knees!
    Pet costumes are ridiculous!
    And this year I was sorely tempted to dress-up my ridiculous goats! Yes, "never say never!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would've been awesome! Although they may have eaten the outfits?

      Delete
  2. Soooo so cute!! Great job on the crochet costume (good thing you weren't outfitting a great dane) and love the two bees together!! Emma's costume is perfect too. Wish we would of had a warm Halloween... winter coats, boots, snow, windchill here. Brrr. Good thing chocolate is good when it's chilled. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours was unseasonably warm. Just a light sweatshirt for Kate and she was fine. Just crazy after all that early snow. Many years we get arctic weather, so this was a treat.

      Delete
  3. I am so impressed at your crocheting skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. This was my first attempt at a garment. It's a little funky in places but I was pleased overall and Izzy didn't seem to mind the weird spots :)

      Delete
  4. Well I think your dog costume is perfection. I love it. And your girls are so pretty. Ours was quiet but very nice. No trick or treating, but we carved a pumpkin. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian. The pumpkin carving is fun - especially roasting/eating the seeds :)

      Delete
  5. Cute dog costume! I never could do that with our former dogs, although we did put scarves on them now and again. But it's a good use of crochet skills when you aren't doing scarves, potholders, headbands, afghans, etc or whatever it is you like to crochet!

    The best costume at my door was the 10-foot tall robot, made with drier vent materials, and complete with blinking lights. Even the 'trick or treat' and 'thank you' was in Robotics! :-)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our other dogs would FREAK if I put outfits on them, but Izzy seemed fine, although perhaps a bit embarrassed.

      Glad to hear someone was exercising their creative talents with their costume this year! Sounds like quite a robot.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. Hearing from you makes my day!